What We’ve Added For Safety
- HEPA air filter in the Bodywork room
- Hand sanitizer available
- PPE worn by Practitioner: face mask, apron, and face shield when conducting work on the face
- Temperature check twice per day, as advised
- Sanitizing with an approved Virucide before and after each client
- Increased time between clients to ensure time for sanitation and to avoid client cross-over
- Removal of any unnecessary items that would be handled by multiple people
What To Expect
Scheduling an Appointment
- Appointments will be taken on a limited basis due to increased COVID-19 precautions and procedures.
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure will be conducted by text or email up to 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Before You Arrive
- If you do not have a pre-paid package, you will receive an invoice to be paid before your appointment to avoid unnecessary contact.
- DO NOT come to the clinic if you are feeling ill. This has been a long-standing policy, but is something that needs to be reiterated. If you are feeling ill for any reason, you will be turned away.
- Do not bring guests to your appointment to wait for you.
- Come prepared with your own mask to be worn for the entirety of the appointment.
- Please come with your own water as we have removed the community water fountain for health concerns.
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- Your contact-less temperature will be recorded. Your appointment will be rescheduled if you register above 100.4
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- A second COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire will be taken
During Your Appointment
- Keep your mask on at all times
- For Bodywork appointments, It may be lowered while lying face down on the massage table.
After Your Appointment
- Please notify your practitioner if you develop any symptoms of illness in the days following your appointment
Who’s Considered High-Risk?
Unless otherwise directed by the client’s primary healthcare provider, clients at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should forgo massage while the virus is present in their communities.
65 years or older
Chronic lung disease
Moderate to severe asthma
Compromised or suppressed immunity
Severe obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
Chronic kidney disease
The Blood-Clot Concern
Blood clotting has been a concern for those infected with COVID-19. Even if you are asymptomatic, this is something that you should be aware of. Receiving bodywork has the potential to increase your risk of dislodging a blood clot that can cause harm or fatality.
Blood clotting, and how we work with those predisposed, is not a new concern in the bodywork profession. How we address the potential with asymptomatic clients IS a new concern.
How We’re Addressing This Concern
If you are healthy enough to exercise, then you are healthy enough to receive a massage. Beyond the COVID-19 screening questions, we cannot tell the future and must proceed with the information that we have. Those with heart conditions may be on an exercise-restricted plan as prescribed by their doctor. We are using this same ideology.
If you are uncomfortable with this risk, please cancel your appointment.
You are in charge of your own health, and are always asked for your informed consent.
I understand that this is a new norm that we must employ until we are advised otherwise. Safety of our community has always been a top concern at Wellness Lab.
I thank you in advance for your understanding, cooperation, and consideration – And Most Importantly your continued trust and loyalty.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and I look forward to seeing you soon.
In Good Health,
Erin Clyne, LMT